Windows phone enthusiasts: how do we fix this error Windows phone connecting to zune? I have OS Windows 7.5 on this phone.
"One of the USB devices has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"
going further with next step from this dialog says "try reconnecting. if windows still does not recognize, replace the device"
i have taken the following steps and none seemed to fix.
- Restart the computer and phone
- Step as navigated from the notification above
- Well, as it indicated, I did replace the device, as we have 2 windows phones on a shared plan
- uninstalled and re-installed zune software and reconfigured
- uninstalled/repaired usb device drivers
- installed drivers from DELL website (‘m on dell inspiron laptop)
- finally, also tried connecting both the phones on another laptop and received the similar messages on USB device not being recognized.
anything else? any pointers?