After a long time, we thought of making aaloo bonda (potato) at home. It was just instantaneous that our friends were coming home that afternoon, we looked around for the ingredients required , and happened to have all of those available at home. Viola ! there got started the process of making bonda within half hour.
Process at a high level:
- Make bonda vege mix out of Potato , peas and other ingredients.
- Prepare batter out of chick peas flour (besan) , rice flour, chilli powder, and other spices
- Make little rounds of the vegetable mix prepared above
- Boil oil for deep fry
- deep fry the the vege dipped in batter until it turns golden brown
- Wait to slightly cool down to a consumable temperature
- Eat with chutney or ketchup or as it is.
A good food when it is drizzling out and would prefer to munch something spicy with a cup of coffee or tea
During my childhood, my dad used to make these on evenings while it was pouring out and I would have just then reached home from school with all drenched in pouring rain. This used to be heaven. I loved it.
i will post the detailed recipe to my ootathindi blog when I find some time to do so.
oh did I say, because I had a bit of extra batter left out – I made some assorted bajjis too – they got missing for pictures apparently. Key ingredient contributors for assorted bajjis – Eggplant, Dates, .. hmm, yummilicious